Bylaw No.18-04 – Fire Services in the Village of Girouxville in the M.D. of Smoky River #130 provides regulations regarding “Acceptable Fire Pits”. Please take notice that “Burnable Debris” materials permitted to burn in fire pits are:
– Wood material from construction or demolition not containing wood preservatives
– Wood material which does not contain wood preservatives or laminates
– Solid waste from the pose and pole operations that does not contain wood preservatives; or
– Solid waste from tree harvesting operations.
” PROHIBITED Debris” meaning any materials that when burned, will result in the release to the atmosphere of dense smoke, offensive odors or a substance, the release of which is regulated, prohibited, or controlled by the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, R.S.A. 2000, c.E-12 or regulations there under, and includes but is not limited to:
– Household refuse – Used oil – Leaves, and/or organic materials – Rubber or plastic – Animal manure – Paints and painting materials – Tires – Non-wooded material – Chemicals and chemical – Animal cadavers – Combustible material in automobile bodies – Pathological waste – Solid waste from sawmills
A full copy of the Bylaw may be viewed under on this website under “Bylaws”