Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information – Wednesday May 5th, 2021 – to be updated as warranted
The M.D. of Smoky River, towns of Falher & McLennan, villages of Donnelly & Girouxville in coordination with the Smoky Region Emergency Services are closely following the lead from the Province on the issue of Covid-19. We would like to ensure clear and concise information is available.
Due to a continued increase in new Covid-19 cases, and especially an increase in Covid variant cases which are more easily spread and may cause more serious health issues, Alberta has implemented further restrictions under the State of Public Health Emergency. There are expanded restrictions in areas with high case numbers. Although our area is currently not classed as a high case region, there are also additional province wide restrictions being imposed:
Changes to the restrictions have been made as follows (all have additional restrictions which must be followed):
- Kindergarten to Grade 12 schools will transition to online learning, effective May 7 and will return to in-class learning on May 25.
- Effective May 9 at 11:59 pm: All in-person dining, including on patios, is prohibited.
- Restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges, cafes and food courts can open for takeout, curbside pickup and delivery only.
- No indoor sports, games, competitions, practices or league play of any kind is allowed out of a school setting
The following restrictions have not changed, they continue to be in effect:
- Retail service customer limits remain at 15% of fire code occupancy
- Libraries are closed, curb-side pickup is available
- Performance activities or rehearsals for adults are banned
- Children and youth can practice for some school and team sport activities – strict guidelines for these activities must be followed – schools should be contacted directly for details
- Youth may participate in indoor group performance activities and youth development activities (such as Scouts, Girl Guides and 4H) – strict guidelines for these activities must be followed
- Indoor social gatherings for people outside your own household are still prohibited, outdoor gatherings for groups of 10 or less are allowed if the 2 metre distance is maintained
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public places, places of worship and indoor workplaces
- Entertainment like VLT’s, pool tables and live music are still prohibited
- Working from home is mandatory unless the employer requires a physical presence for operational effectiveness
- Faith services (i.e. mass in a church) are limited to 15% of fire code occupancy, however weddings remain at a maximum of 10 persons and funerals have a 20 person maximum (services only, no receptions) – services are also allowed in banquet & community halls and conference centres
The full list of restrictions and exemptions currently in place can be linked here. A farming or ranching operation is exempt unless the person is interacting with a member of the public. For restrictions regarding schools, please contact your child’s school or visit the school or school district website.
All residents need to continue to take precautions including maintaining physical distancing, wearing face masks in public places (outside the home), washing and sanitizing hands and surfaces that are frequently touched, avoiding crowds and situations where physical distances can not be maintained.
Individuals who have cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat symptoms are to isolate for at least 10 days, complete the self-assessment and get tested for COVID-19 if advised to do so.
Alberta continues to offer vaccinations for Covid to more and more people. Effective May 6th all residents 30 or older can book, effective May 10th everyone 12 or older is eligible to receive a vaccine.
If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat, you are legally required to isolate for at least 10 days from the start of your symptoms or until they resolve, whichever is longer.
Current restrictions in Alberta continue to include:
- Mandatory 14-day self-isolation for returning international travellers or close contacts of people with confirmed COVID-19.
- Mandatory 10-day self-isolation for people with symptoms that are not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
- If you, or a person you are responsible for experiences COVID-19 symptomsyou must self-isolate for at least 10 days.
To protect yourself and to help prevent the possible spread of COVID-19, as well as the flu and common cold:
- Wash your hands often and well, use sanitizer whenever possible
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid any contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- Cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands
- If you must go out in public, keep your distance – stay 2 metres from other people
To view up-to-date information and statistics on COVID-19 in Alberta please visit the Government of Alberta Website: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
To view the current map of the outbreak situation region by region.
To view information and apply for the Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant (if revenue loss of at least 50% due to the Covid Pandemic occurred) visit www.alberta.ca/bizconnect
Guidance documents for workplaces and businesses: https://www.alberta.ca/guidance-documents.aspx
Covid-19 Self-Assessment: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx
COVID-19 self-assessment for healthcare and shelter workers, enforcement personnel and first responders: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/HWAssessLanding.aspx
Mass gatherings and business restrictions https://www.alberta.ca/restrictions-on-gatherings-and-businesses.aspx
Residential Garbage Collection will move to THURSDAYS effective JUNE 2021 with first new pickup date to be June 3rd. In lieu of July 1st Holiday, pickup will occur on the Wednesday, June 30th.
Please be reminded that your waste receptacle may be placed at curb no earlier than 4:30 p.m. day prior to collection day and no later than 7:00 a.m. on collection day. All containers must be returned to property for storage 24 hours after pickup.
ATTENTION DOG OWNERS
The Village Office is receiving complaints regarding dog defecation in public areas (boulevards, ball diamond, playground, public property). Please be advised Bylaw No.05-03 Section 8 states “If a dog defecates on any public or private property other than the property of its owner, the owner shall cause such defecation to be removed immediately and deposit it in a suitable waste receptacle.” Failure to do so, will result in a violation fine. A copy of BylawNo. 05-03 may be viewed on our website: Girouxville.ca
2021 Dog Tags
Reminder to all dog owners in the Village of Girouxville to purchase your 2021 Dog Tags, available @ the Village Office.
Village of Girouxville Website
To receive notifications concerning the Village of Girouxville, please go to website Girouxville.ca and subscribe on the lower right hand side of the Home page.
Bylaw No.13-01-Section 201 states “Parking on sidewalk or boulevards is not permitted”. Section 207 states “No person shall park any trailer for more than 24 hours upon any highway unless the said trailer is attached to a vehicle”. A copy of Bylaw No.13-01 pertaining to regulations to the movement of vehicles and pedestrians may be viewed on our website: Girouxville.ca
Effective June 1, 2021 residential weekly garbage collection for the communities of Girouxville, Falher, Donnelly and McLennan, will be moved to Thursdays with the new pickup date to be June 3rd.
In lieu of July 1st Holiday, pickup will occur on the Wednesday, June 30th.
Residents will use same bins.
Please be reminded that your waste receptacle may be placed at curbside no earlier than 4:30 p.m. day prior to collection day and no later than 7:00 a.m. on collection day. All containers must be returned to property for storage 24 hours after pickup.
There is no change to materials allowed or disallowed. Household garbage only, no construction materials such as shingles, concrete and other building materials. In order to prevent garbage litter around the community (blowing away while being dumped into the truck) & the landfill, we ask that residents bag their garbage, and place bags in their regular bins.
Issues or concerns may be directed to Ed Larose, Waste Management Commission Manager, at 780-837-1859.
We thank you for your cooperation.
Please take notice that, pursuant to Section 276 of the Municipal Government Act, R.S.A., 2000, Chapter M-26, the Village of Girouxville has prepared its financial statements for the year ending December 31, 2020. A summary of these statements may be obtained at the Village of Girouxville 780-323-4270.
VILLAGE OF GIROUXVILLE
PUBLIC WORKS FOREMAN
Village of Girouxville seeking an individual whom:
- is self-motivated, organized and responsible
- equipment operation background
- holds a clean driver’s abstract
- is willing to become certified in small water/wastewater distribution systems
- is mechanically inclined and has building maintenance capabilities.
- has good public relations
Employee will be responsible for directing and conducting all civic public
work functions, operation of water/wastewater distribution and other duties as required. This is a fulltime position consisting of a 40 hour work week with on call responsibilities.
- Includes benefit package
– Wage based on qualifications
A detailed job description available upon request.
Please submit resumes to:
Village of Girouxville
Girouxville, AB T0H1S0
c/o Estelle Girard, CAO
Phone (780) 323-4270
Fax (780) 323-4110
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nominations for the next general election will be open between January 1, 2021 and September 20, 2021. Signed nomination forms may be dropped of at the Village of Girouxville Municipal Office @ 4804-50th Street with the Returning Officer from January 2, 2021 until Noon, Monday September 20, 2021 during office hours.