The M.D. of Smoky River, Towns of Falher & McLennan, Villages of Donnelly & Girouxville in coordination with the Smoky Region Emergency Services are closely following the lead from the Province on the issue of Covid-19. We would like to ensure clear and concise information is available.
Stage 3 reopening targets have been reached, all public health measures have now been lifted except for isolation/quarantine requirements and masking in health care settings and public transit.
Please understand that some businesses may choose to continue to require masks and sanitation steps be taken, please comply with those specific requests.
Albertans are still legally required to:
- Isolate for 10 days if you tested positive or have any core symptoms that are not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition.
- Quarantine for 14 days* if you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and you are not fully vaccinated. (*Duration of quarantine may be reduced based on vaccination status.)
To protect yourself and to help prevent the possible spread of COVID-19, as well as the flu and common cold the following is till good advice:
- Wash your hands often and well, use sanitizer whenever possible
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid any contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- Cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands
- If you must go out in public, keep your distance – stay 2 metres from other people
To view up-to-date information and statistics on COVID-19 in Alberta please visit the Government of Alberta Website: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
To view the current map of the outbreak situation region by region.
To view information and apply for the Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant (if revenue loss of at least 50% due to the Covid Pandemic occurred) visit www.alberta.ca/bizconnect
Guidance documents for workplaces and businesses: https://www.alberta.ca/guidance-documents.aspx
Covid-19 Self-Assessment: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx
COVID-19 self-assessment for healthcare and shelter workers, enforcement personnel and first responders: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/HWAssessLanding.aspx